Monday, May 29, 2006

Great Quotes about Art.

Great Quotes about art:

David Sedaris from "Me Talk Pretty One Day":

"This was the art world I'd been dreaming of, where God-given talent was considered an unfair advantage and a cold-blooded stare merited more praise than the ability to render human flesh. Everything around me was art, from the stains in my bathtub to the razor blade and short length of drinking straw I used to cut and ingest my speed. I was back in the world with a clear head and a keen vision of just how talented I really was."

"The art world was our conceptual oyster, and we ate it raw."

"...we comforted ourselves by blaming a population so brainwashed by television that they couldn't sit through a simple two-and-a-half-hour performance piece without complaining of boredom and leg cramps. We were clearly ahead of our time but figured that with enough drugs, the citizens of North Carolina would eventually catch up with us."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home